Monday, March 28, 2011

Cheesecake Supreme

I made this for my birthday with Philadelphia cream cheese (I spoiled myself!) it was really rich. I made it green from St. Patrick's Day with some Philadelphia and it was prefect. And I made it for the first day of spring with all store brand, cheap, 1/3 fat cream cheese (slowly getting cheaper!) and it was just as good as the green one!

Mix and press into bottom and 2-inches up sides of 8 or 9-inch springform pan:
1 1/2 c finely crushed gram crackers (used my $5 food chopper... bragging again)
1 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon (opt)
1/2 c butter- melted

In large bowl beat until combined:
3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 TBS flour
1 tsp vanilla

Beat in until smooth:
1/4 c milk

Stir in:
3 slightly beaten eggs

Pour over crust
Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes for 8-inch pan or 35 minutes for 9-inch pan (until about 2 1/2 inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken)
Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes
Use a sharp knife to loosen crust from the sides of the pan, cool 30 more minutes
Remove the sides of of the pan; cool completely
Cover and chill at least 4 hours

No comments: