Need the best dinner roll recipe? From the Hatch family kitchen (for those who are from Enumclaw!):
{I did half the recipe for just rolls the first time- it made quite a bit! The second time I made half into freezer rolls, 1/4 into freezer cinnamon rolls, and the last 1/4 into a small batch of cinnamon rolls which Levi and I devoured!}
Mix and set aside:
1 C warm water
3 T yeast
1 T sugar
Add together:
1 C margarine (melted)
1 C sugar
1 1/2 t salt
1 c warm water
Beat:
3 eggs
Slowly add yeast, margarine mixture, and egg together
Add 8 C flour
Mix and knead until dough is smooth and satiny (when I did half the recipe I had to add more flour because I did 2 eggs not 1.5 :-) but I left it pretty sticky still).
Place in greased bowl- cover (I covered with a damp towel to keep the top moist) and let rise until doubled in bulk
Form into rolls (I did this by spraying my hands with cooking spray, grabbing a glob in my left, making a circle with my pointer and thumb, and using my right thumb to push the dough through until desired size, then I twisted it off and dropped it on the pan... I don't know if that's how you are supposed to do it, I was just taught that once and it worked!)
and place on greased pans (I used non-stick, not greased without a problem)
let rise until doubled in bulk (I sprayed a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray, placed it on top and put the sheet in the fridge... we went to 1:30 church, came home, and they were ready for the oven!)
Bake 18 minutes at 325
Cinnamon Rolls
Roll dough into 6-8in wide strip 1/4 in thick
Spread with 1/2 c margarine- melted
Sprinkle with brown sugar covering thickly
shake on cinnamon generously
Roll and cut 3/4 in slices
Press onto greased pan tucking in tail
Bake IMMEDIATELY (do not let rise) 12-15 minutes @ 375
Cut apart and cool upside down (allowing sugars to flow back in)
Turn back over and frost
No comments:
Post a Comment