I got this recipe from Jeanne but had to alter the 'tads' 'dabs' and 'slab' into real measurements- correct me if I'm wrong on anything. I also found an alternate sauce recipe- I can't decide which I like better!
1-2 chicken breasts (I do one large one)
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
2 Tablespoons butter (translated from 1 slab)
2 tubes Pillsbury croissant rolls
melted butter
stovetop
1. boil and shred chicken
2. mix chicken, cream cheese and 2 TBS butter
3. spoon chicken mixture into croissant rolls, set aside
4. melt a few TBS butter (abt 3) in medium sized bowl, set aside
5. grind up abt 2 cups stovetop (I put it in plastic bag and beat it with a rolling pin- Jeanne uses her blender) to fine powder and place in medium sized bowl
6. dip rolled croissants first into melt butter then stovetop one at a time
7. place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 11-15 minutes (or whatever croissant tube directions say)
Sauce #1:
1 can cream of chicken soup
tad of chicken broth
dab of sour cream
(This is from Jeanne and I have yet to find a translation for it... you want it more to be more runny than the cream of chicken by itself but not soupy)
Sauce #2:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/8 tsp curry powder
1 TBS mayonnaise
milk
Directions for both:
1. mix together and heat until warm
2. serve over top of chicken pillows

No comments:
Post a Comment